The information, material and content provided in the pages of the Websites, including pricing information, (the "Information") is believed to be reliable when posted, but there is no guarantee that it is accurate, complete or current at all times. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Information may include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors, and neither the Company or its officers, directors, employees and agents have any obligation to update the Information. The Information or the Websites may be changed, withdrawn or terminated at any time without notice.
Availability of Products and Services
The products and services of the Company that are described, made available or provided on the Websites may not be available in all regions of Canada, or to persons who are residents of jurisdictions outside of Canada. The Company’s products and services are only available in jurisdictions where they may be legally provided.
Insurance Products and Coverages
Any coverage descriptions provided on a Website are general descriptions of available coverages and are not a statement of contract. To obtain coverage you must submit an application, instruction or other request as required by the Company. All applications are subject to acceptance by the Company and to underwriting approval, and may be declined by the Company in its sole discretion. Coverages and availability may vary by province, and additional minimum coverage limits may be available.
All insurance products and coverages are subject to the limitations and conditions in the applicable policy or certificate of insurance in force at the time of purchase or enrollment and applicable legislation. Product terms, conditions and exclusions not described on the Websites may apply.
For certainty, nothing stated herein or on any of the Websites shall be construed to extend, expand or modify the terms of any contract of insurance that exists or shall exist in the future.
Use of the Website
By accessing the Websites, you warrant and represent to the Company that you are legally entitled to do so and to make use of the Information made available via the Websites. Further, you represent, warrant and covenant that your use of the Websites shall not:
- violate any applicable local, provincial, national or international law, statute, ordinance, rule or regulation;
- interfere with or disrupt computer networks connected to the Website;
- impersonate any other person or entity, or make any misrepresentation as to your employment by or affiliation with any other person or entity;
- forge headers or in any manner manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any user information;
- upload, post, transmit, publish, or distribute any material or information for which you do not have all necessary rights and licenses;
- upload, post, transmit, publish or distribute any material which infringes, violates, breaches or otherwise contravenes the rights of any third party, including any copyright, trademark, patent, rights of privacy or publicity or any other proprietary right;
- interfere with or disrupt the use of the Website by any other user, nor threaten or in any manner harass another user;
- upload, post, transmit, publish, or distribute any material or information which contains a computer virus, or other code, files or programs intending in any manner to disrupt or interfere with the functioning of the Website, or that of other computer systems;
- use the Website in such a manner as to gain unauthorized entry or access to the computer systems of others;
- upload, post, transmit, publish or distribute any material or information that is unlawful, give rise to other liability, or otherwise violate applicable law, or which may potentially be perceived as being harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libellous, vulgar, obscene, or racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable;
- reproduce, copy, modify, sell, store, distribute or otherwise exploit for any commercial purposes the Website, or any component thereof (including, but not limited to any materials or any Information accessible through the Website);
- use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website;
- or take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the Website infrastructure.
Links / software
The Company makes no representations whatsoever about any other website which you may access through the Websites. When you access an outside website, it is independent from the Company and we have no control over the content on that website. In addition, a link to an outside website does not mean that the Company endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content, or use, of such website. It is your responsibility to take precautions to ensure that whatever you select for your use is free of such items as viruses, worms, Trojan horses and other items of a destructive nature.
Links from or to websites outside this Website are meant for convenience only. The Company does not review, endorse, approve or control, and is not responsible for any websites linked from or to the Company Websites, the content of those we sites, the third parties named therein, or their products and services. Linking to any other we site is at your sole risk and the Company will not be responsible or liable for any damages in connection with such linking.
Links to websites offering downloadable software are for convenience only and the Company does not endorse any such software and is not responsible or liable for any difficulties or consequences associated with downloading the software. Use of any such downloaded software is governed by the terms of the license agreement, if any, which accompanies or is provided with such software.
Trademarks & Copyright
Certain names, words, titles, phrases, logos, icons, graphics or designs in the pages of this Website may constitute trade names, registered or unregistered trade-marks or service marks ("Trade-marks") of the Company. However, the display of Trade-marks on pages at this Website does not imply that any license has been granted to any third party.
The Information on the Websites is for your personal use, and shall not be construed as conferring any license or intellectual property right. Except when otherwise stipulated, the Information may not otherwise be copied, displayed, distributed, downloaded, licensed, modified, published, reposted, reproduced, reused, sold, transmitted, used to create a derivative work or otherwise used for public or commercial purposes without the express written permission of the Company. Any unauthorized downloading, re-transmission, or other copying or modification of trademarks and/or the contents of the Websites may be a violation of federal or other law that may apply to trademarks and/or copyrights, and such actions could subject the copier to legal action.
The Company provides the Websites and the Information on an "as is, where is" basis and does not make any express or implied warranties, representations, or endorsements with respect to the Websites or the Information, including without limitation, warranties as to merchantability, operation, non-infringement, usefulness, completeness, accuracy, currency, reliability and fitness for a particular purpose. Further, the Company does not represent or warrant that the Websites will be available and meet your requirements, that access will be uninterrupted, that there will be no delays, difficulties in use, defects, incompatibility, failures, errors, omissions or loss of transmitted information, that no viruses or other contaminating or destructive properties will be transmitted or that no damage will occur to your computer system. You have sole responsibility for taking protection and backup of data and/or equipment and for taking reasonable and appropriate precautions to scan for computer viruses or other destructive properties.
Limitations of Liability
The Company is not responsible, and will not be liable to you or anyone else, for any damages whatsoever and howsoever caused (including direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, exemplary or punitive damages) arising out of or in connection with the Websites or the Information, your ability or inability to access or use the Websites or the Information, any action or decision made by you in reliance on the Websites or the Information, any error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in operation or transmission, loss of data or otherwise arising from the Websites or the Information, or any unauthorized use or reproduction of the Websites or the Information, even if the Company has been advised of the possibility of these damages (Except in the province of Quebec).
Information provided by you
You agree that any information or materials that you provide to the Company through the Websites shall become the sole property of the Company, and may be used and/or disclosed by the Company in accordance with the Privacy Statement. By providing such information and materials, you declare and warrant that you have all necessary rights to submit such information and materials and that the information and materials do not infringe the rights of third parties.
Electronic Communication via the Internet
The Company will use reasonable means to protect the security and confidentiality of electronic information sent and received. However, because of the risks associated with electronically transmitting personal information, Petline cannot guarantee the privacy and security of any electronic communication to or from this site via e-mail or web interface. Use of email or web interface to discuss sensitive information can increase the risk of such information being disclosed to third parties. While all reasonable steps are taken to ensure the privacy and security of information transmitted electronically and to preserve the confidentiality thereof, the Company accepts no liability or responsibility whatsoever with respect to information sent or received electronically that is incorrect, incomplete, intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, does not reach its intended destination, or contains harmful viruses. You should not communicate with the Company via email or web interface without understanding and accepting these risks.
In addition, any request for a change to an existing insurance policy or policy documents that is emailed or sent electronically to the Company will not be effective until the Company acknowledges receipt of such request.