6 tips for bringing home a new cat
- Communicate. Make sure all family members are on board with a new cat. Set up rules and routines for the whole family.
- Supplies. Have all pet supplies ready before you bring your new cat home.
- Safety. Pet-proof your home. Remove anything that your cat could damage or that could harm your cat.
- Introductions. Make sure to stay calm and allow your cat to say hello to everyone. Make slow introduction with resident pets.
- Space. Have a quiet room set up for cats or kittens, with their litterbox, bedding and toys.
- Health. Visit the vet for a complete checkup and vaccinations. Insuring your pet with Petsecure means they’re covered for unexpected accidents and illness.