If you’re bringing a new dog home, keep these tips in mind to help your new furry family member get settled in.
6 tips for bringing home a new dog
- Communicate. Make sure all family members are on board with a new dog. Set up rules and routines for the whole family.
- Supplies. Have all pet supplies ready before you bring your new dog home.
- Safety. Pet-proof your home. Remove anything that your dog could damage or that could harm your dog.
- Introductions. Make sure to stay calm and allow your dog say hello to everyone. Make slow introduction with resident pets.
- Training. Puppies and dogs benefit from obedience class where they can socialize and learn the basics.
- Health. Visit the vet for a complete checkup and vaccinations. Insuring your pet with Petsecure means they’re covered for unexpected accidents and illness.