Did you know that by age three, many dogs and cats show signs of dental disease?
According to the Canadian Veterinarian Medical Association, by age three, 80% of dogs and cats show signs of periodontal disease. If left untreated, dental disease in pets can lead to serious health issues.
Petsecure dental plans include:
- Routine dental prophylaxis (cleanings)
- Tooth extractions and oral surgery
- Dental radiographs
- Pre-anesthetic diagnostic testing
- Anesthetic time, monitoring and IV fluids during the dental procedure
- Post-surgical medications
- Dental preventative product coverage is available with a DIN (Drug Identification Number) or NPN (Natural Product Number) when recommended by your veterinarian
Just like in humans, eating can cause a buildup of plaque and tartar in your pet’s mouth. This can lead to pain and discomfort.
If you notice these signs or symptoms, it's time to visit your veterinarian:
Download our free digital guide!
This guide is for pet owners who want to take preventative action and ensure their cat or dog's dental health is taken care of!
At Petsecure, we are proud to offer comprehensive dental coverage for Canadian cats and dogs. Plans include more than just protection for unexpected accidents and illnesses.
Tips for protecting your pet’s teeth:
Daily brushing is necessary to maintain your pet’s healthy smile. Starting early can make brushing your pet’s teeth an easier task.
Annual dental checkups
Schedule your pet for a thorough checkup and dental cleaning once a year.